Delhi the name itself sparks terror in the hearts of mothers girls and all the family members who hear their daughter/relative/friend is shifting to Delhi. Do we want the capital to have this kind of identity? The words Rape capital of India, “badmaashon se bhara hua hai mat jao” are the most often used terms for Delhi. It’s a shame our country capital is in such a poor state. I present to my readers the manifesto that in my views would make Delhi a little better place to live and visit.
1) Legalize prostitution in the state.
2)Deal with the hordes of illegal immigrants you guys treat as vote banks. Politicians go to them begging for votes in exchange for polluting the reputation of the city.
3)Increase the wages of government workers like policemen,insurance agency workers and so on people,not the politicians.This will motivate them to do the job and cut down on bribes.
4) Use technology in the city There is so much technology advancement going on but still we see there being no use of them. Use better gadgets, equip the government workers with new advanced models which work properly. Will do the work quickly and without hindrance.
5)Actually punish those who do wrong instead of blatantly promising to do so. And punish them hard. Fear is the greatest teacher.
6) Removing the bureaucracy that is plaguing the government offices.
7)Bring the retirement age back down. No one wants old grumpy people working when there is new blood waiting. This will not only fasten the process in the government jobs but will make it efficient also.
8) Privatize all government estate plans. Be it the parks, the hospitals, the transport, the roadways and railways etc. We all know how government work is and how the privatization can bring huge difference to the image makeover that is required.
9) Cut down on all the illegal liquor that is flowing around the city.
10)Don’t prevent youth from protesting. Anger comes out only if there is a reason behind it. Huge gatherings across social borders do not happen for no reason. Instead listen to what they are saying. Take in their ideas and try to understand them. Just because the old minds of politicians are not able to process the ideas, doesn’t mean that they are wrong. Don’t be stubborn.
11) Remove reservations in every field. Be it education, government service or any job criteria. India doesn’t require minorities, minorities require India. Special privileges should not be given to anyone. We should not change our laws every other month, just because a group of people come together and start labeling themselves as a minority, no matter how loud the word “DISCRIMINATION” is yelled, no laws should be changed/drafted to fit their desires.
12)Cut down on the autowallahs and the cabbies who deny the person a ride. Proper and standard rate cards should be employed and it should be taken care that they are being followed religiously. Making a law and then not keeping up with it is even worse than not making it.
13) Make the sex education in schools a mandatory course. Parents are too shy to talk to their offsprings and hence children start to learn from various sources which often give misleading information.
14)Make it more convenient for tourists be it national or international to roam around without any sort of worry.