How often has a 20-something guy who is still in college walked into a mall, witnessed a promotional event for a car, saw the car from afar and went away on his own business? Almost all of the times I suppose. This is true for me atleast. I am a guy who is an introvert to the bare bones of my body and interacting with people isn’t something that is high on my list. Hell, up until a few years back, I couldn’t ask for an extra packet of ketchup from the counter at McDonald’s, talk about voluntarily going up to a guy who is there for a promotion of a fancy car, that too on the microphone and people from three floors above are craning their necks to find out the reason behind all the noise blaring out from the speakers. Well hey, that’s me. Nice to know you all.
Anyway, so this activity blinked across a mail from BlogAdda, about the Get.Set.Bolt from Tata Motors in association with BlogAdda. Well, any event or activity from BlogAdda is just a blast to attend and write about. The last thing I wrote for them was about the Tata Literature Festival that was organised in Mumbai in November 2014, and le me tell you, those were the 4 best days of the year and the highlight of the year as well. I just couldn’t thank them enough for that. Plus I also got to win a 1000 bucks worth of Landmark Voucher . Yay Books. Anyway, getting back to the current Get.Set.Bolt activity from Tata Motors.
This event was one of the most brilliant piece of activity that i had ever seen from the BlogAdda team. Kudos to you guys and Kudos to the Tata team as well. An event in which the winner gets a car. An event in which 20 of the best bloggers who participate in Get. Set. Bolt. will get a chance to take part in an exclusive BOLT drive in 3 different cities. An event in which every fresh blog entry gets a voucher worth Rs 1000 bucks. Well that is like three levels on top the cool meter than the coolest lightsaber that I have ever come across on any website that sells it.
So seeing he mail about this event, I quickly signed up, hoping to write the most glorious article that has ever witnessed my blog, where rainbows are coming out the mouth of unicorns, the flowers are blooming all around a six lane road, on which a red colored Bolt moves so effortlessly that it does not even make sound, just like in real life and the you would be shining and birds would be chirping. The blogadda and Tata motors would fall in love with my blogpost and award me the car. Day dreaming is a pretty good way to while around your time in a lecture at college. So there I was, refreshing my mail, hoping to see if the confirmation mail had arrived for me. Whether I was being selected to have a Bolt experience or not. And I finally got one. So I hopped on to the blogadda site to see when the Bolt team was bringing their flashing new car to my glorious city of Ahmedabad, and it was right before Uttrayan. What a time!!!
Gujaratis basically love to indulge in three things, and no one in the world can beat them at that, first one is to eat, food is every gujju’s first love. The second one is Garba, the nine holy nights of Navratri are overflowing with color, energy and music and so much fervour, you often get lost in the awesomeness and the third is Uttrayan, the 14h of January is the day when every Gujarati with their whole family, neighbours, arsenal of food and refreshments and loud music are flying kites and busy indulging in Kite Wars. Around this time, the International Kite Festival is also held. So I decided to hit two birds with one stone. Will visit the Kite festival and also get to visit the Bolt Arena at the most buzzing mall in the town, Alpha One in Vastrapur area.
So there I was building up my courage to go talk to the Bolt representative and let him explain to me how awesome the Bolt was and show me how brilliant were its features and how great the car was. Finally, I said enough and just walked to the guy who looked the most friendliest amongst the crew and asked him to explain the features of the car to me. Extremely cordial, funny and attentive, the guy really knew the car inside out and explained to me all the features that set the car apart from its competitors. I am going to list out a few for you guys here:
1) Looks: The car looks so much gorgeous and shows off elegance, and the with the red color on top, it gives off this amazing vibe of a little bit of sportiness that compels you to turn your head around if you see this car on the road. The headlights fit perfectly along the lines of the body and make sure that they aren’t neither bulging or too much inside and looks like a premium sedan from the front. The same goes with the actual length, since this is a hatchback, you would expect a a very steep ending to the back like in most of the hatchback cars, however, this does not happen with The Bolt. The end is very curvy and slides off into the boot very comfortably without giving away any sharp ending to the car and maintaining the aerodynamics of the car as well. Frankly, to a college guy such as, this would be the ideal first car, perfect for city driving and also for a roadtrip to the nearest city with friends.
2) Media: Car comes with a Harmon entertainment and infotainment system. The guys behind JBL are powering the media system in this car. Does it get any better than this? The inclusion of MapMyIndia along with the super advanced voice recognition system means that you can still attend to those calls or messages without any harm being done to your driving. And on top of that, the whole thing is touch-screen. Easier to use and super effective.
3) Spacing: One thing that people generally complain about in a hatchback is the lack of space for the people in the rear seats as well as low boot space. Well, when I was visiting the Bolt Arena in the mall, I could easily stretch my legs, considering the fact that I am quite tall and my head does’t fit very comfortably in most of the hatchbacks. 5-6 people could easily fit into this car and go off for a long long drive before anybody complains, and even if someone complains, it would not be about the space, that I can foresee. Also huge in this car is the amount of Boot-space the engineers from Tata Motors have provided into this magnificent car, a whopping 210 litres. So much stuff can be filled into the car and still it wil be asking for more.
4) Engine: Sporting a 1.2 litre Revotron engine with 4 cylinder 1193cc that provides over 140Nm of torque at around 1500-4000 RPM, with a kerb weight of around 1095-1125 kgs and a generous ground clearance of 165 mm, this car can zip through the roads at quick speeds, make incredulous turns and cuts, turn parking into a job that even women drivers can accomplish and so much more at an extremely decent mileage of 23 kmpl.
5) Multi Drive functionality: Okay, this one was amazing, atleast for me. I have rarely seen any of the hatchbacks come with different kinds of drive functionality embedded into them. Tata Bolt has three of them fitted inside, the Sport, Eco and City. The sport mode provides for the aggressive and energetic driver in you and this is when the car gives the wheels the full power under its hood. The Eco provides the most efficient mileage to the car and tries to maintain the mileage as high as it can and the City mode deals with the constant brakes and acceleration and tunes the car accordingly so that any of the car parts don’t get too much heat from the city drive. This would really help a guy enjoy the driving among highways and also appreciate driving in the city without worrying too much about the car.
All in all, a brilliant car for an exceptional price tag of 4.4-7.0 lakhs, Tata Bolt has tremendous potential among the youth such as me and also to the various families looking for new cars around this price range.The engineers at Tata Motors would be having loads of parties line up for all the employees because of the immense hit this is going to be. It doesn’t get better than this. I wish I could drive this one at the Alpha One mall itself, but alas, that wasn’t an option. I would have bought this thing on the spot if I had the money with me, but being a college student has left me with a perpetual state of being broke. Well enjoy you guys, this was my experience with the super duper awesome Bolt experience at Get.Set.Bolt event with Tata Motors and BlogAdda. I have attached my pictures of me trying to interact with the car and the team here. Please do have a look a them.
Plus I also got a photo with a AR generated Narain KarthikeyanWell, this is all from my end. Hope to see you guys soon. Keep reading. Keep writing. I thank BlogAdda as well as Tata Motors for this brilliant opportunity and wish all the luck to them.